Vacation rental management companies are always on the lookout for ways to increase bookings and drive revenue. Booking.com provides management companies a way to extend their marketing reach to a truly global audience.
Skift notes that one of the strengths of Booking.com lies in its ability to prompt instant digital conversions. Visitors to the Booking.com site are encouraged in a variety of ways to book your properties right away. As one of Kigo's valued portal partners, Booking.com does a great job at showcasing your properties to a larger audience and increasing your bookings.
Booking.com provides an extranet by which property managers can access and manage their properties on the site. While there is nothing wrong with the Booking.com extranet, Kigo makes the process even easier with Kigo Channel Manager, which enables you to update and distribute your property listings to more than 35 portal partners including Booking.com, without having to log in to the Booking.com extranet to do so.
1. Connect to Booking.com Extranet Once and Done!
Kigo makes it easy to connect with the Booking.com extranet. Because Kigo works for you, the property manager, and not for the listing portal, Kigo tries to make everything as easy as possible for you. With these simple steps, you are ready to go:
- Create a Booking.com account, or log into your already existing account. Then simply request a secure connection from Kigo to the Booking.com extranet.
- Once your request is made, Kigo's support team goes to work to link your property in Booking.com with your Kigo account. If your request is made on Monday through Thursday, this process usually takes just one day.
- Using Kigo, you can specify your properties and pricing and rate categories with Booking.com.
- Once you have completed these steps, submit your setup for review by the Kigo support team.
- After the team reviews your setup and gives it a thumbs-up, simply confirm the connection on the Booking.com extranet and you are all set!
2. Our Kigo clients that are long-time users of Booking.com recommend joining the Genius program and Preferred Partner Program that Booking.com offers as a way to increase visibility.
3. Fill out as many fields as possible within your channel manager and Booking.com’s extranet.
Make sure to include a lot of photos, 25 or more. You can include the property, local attractions and definitely include a 360 tour video.
The more information a traveler can read about your property the more likely they are to book. Like many OTA sites Booking.com’s algorithm also depends on:
- Property rate
- Search Criteria - be detailed when explaining your property
- Review Score - more positive reviews is always beneficial
Take a Free Test Drive of Kigo
Try Kigo for yourself and see why it's the trusted solution for thousands of vacation rental professionals worldwide.
4. Target Your Perfect Vacation Rental Guest
As mentioned in an earlier article, you can use your channel management software to distribute vacation rental listings to the portals which best match your target market segment or niche. Kigo's channel manager software enables you to market your vacation rental properties to a wide audience with large portal partners such as Airbnb, Booking.com, TripAdvisor.com, and Homeaway, and also allows you to target niche audiences with a great selection of small-medium portal partners.
5.Maximize your bookings in off-peak season as much as possible
- Understand that demand won’t be as high, but travelers are always looking for deals. Make sure you create promotions and set rates for at least a year out.
- Adjust your rules when it comes to cancellation policies and flexible with minimum stays
Understand that travelers will likely search other places before and after they use Booking.com. Here are few tips from our SEO team:
- Make sure you are listed on Google Maps and that it is accurate
- Include pictures of your building, apartment, condo that will travelers find your property
- Respond to reviews, both good and bad
- Link to other review sites and social media so it is easy for travelers easy to read other reviews
What It Means for Vacation Rental Management Companies
Vacation rental management companies that are looking for ways to ensure sustainable growth need look no further than Kigo's channel management solution. The benefits of being aggressive in distribution are many. Vacation rental managers who choose to add channel partners increase their potential bookings exponentially for each partner added.
To see Kigo's channel management solution at work in real time, start your free trial today and take advantage of all the channel partnerships available to you through Kigo's integrated reservation management system.